Essex, United Kingdom
I am a fully UKCP registered specialist Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of providing psychotherapy to couples and families. Alongside my private practice I have worked for the UK NHS adult mental health service as part of a medical and therapeutic team.
Key to the way I work is helping couples develop a more fulfilling relationship by:-
* Learning how to do more of what is helpful and less of what is unhelpful for a mutually satisfying relationship
* Developing skills in effective communication
* Understanding how to successfully navigate their conflicts and dilemmas.
I provide a safe, non-blaming, and non-judgmental space for couples to work through their problems and dilemmas.
When it comes to making important decisions, such as a couple deciding whether to stay together or separate, I have no agenda other than to be as useful as I can be in enabling my clients to better understand themselves, their situation, and their possibilities. This provides clients with insight and a guide for making their own important decisions.
I enjoying working with couples from all walks of life, and welcome people from all cultures, ethnicities and sexual orientations.
- Anger management or verbal abuse
- Compatibility conflicts
- Drifting apart
- Empty nest syndrome
- Falling out of love
- Family system or in-law challenges
- Feeling defeated or unhappy
- Hopelessness or desperation
- Improving your communication skills
- Lack of trust
- Medical/Disease/Injury affecting your relationship
- Motivation/Priorities/Roles & Responsibility
- Negotiation and decision making skills
- Physical or emotional affair
- Pre-marital issues
- Role of power/controlling behavior
- Couple relationships where one or both partners have a mental health diagnosis such as depression
Clinical Approach: Developmental Model
Years of Experience: 24+
- UKCP Registered Couple and Family Psychotherapist
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy Advanced
- PG Dip Systemic Couple and Family Therapy
- Advanced level training in Developmental Modal of Couples Therapy
- UKCP accredited psychotherapist
- Member of Association for Family Therapy
- Telehealth (virtual)